AceStory

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AceStory

+3
PandaKillz
MidniteWhite
vindicatedx3
7 posters

GM apps suggestion

vindicatedx3
    vindicatedx3

GM apps suggestion Empty GM apps suggestion

Post  vindicatedx3 Tue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm

I have read all the accepted applications.
    No offence but i find them not good enough.
    I don't understand one of the apps, its a video.
    Do i have to listen to the sound? Cause my speaker spoiled.
    The applications are too casual. No effort in it.

One of the answer:
    Why should we choose you: because im cool.
    Reason i applied: because i can

No specifications. No effort.
    I have no idea how this system works,
    maybe you accept that kind of applications.
    If you do, please ignore this suggestions.

a good app is something like this:

What Time Zone are you in:

GMT +8:00

Where do you live:

I live in Singapore.

Why should we choose you as GM:

I remember once when i called for help through mega, i was replied 10minutes later. i think this is not what a gm is supposed to do and i was already feeling irritated by then. there are some occasions where i was completely ignored. i feel that i have to be a gm to help players like me. besides i have experience as a gm.
    Besides, I will host events, answer immediately to player's enquires, persuade every player to vote and most of all, make the players have an unforgetable experience and memory in AkatsukiMs! I will make them think that AkatsukiMs is the best private server.

What brings you here:

Ace, anime and jake are in this server so i decided to play it because I guess that with them in this server, it would be very fun to play.

How active can you be:

I can be active for 2-7days per week on school days and 5-7days per week on holidays.

Do you know how to Java code if answer = a little don't bother >.<

I do not know how to Java code.

How long can you be active each day:

I can be active for 2-8hours per day on school days and 5-24hours per day on holidays.

Will you keep your promised not to abuse your power:

YES SIR i will TRY my best. [Its not "I promise" ans coz im not certain I could. Besides, that's lying.]

How long you been in our server:

I have been in this server for about a week already
    I have been in Aceystory for about a month.

What is your In-game character name:

Vindicatedx3

[You are to Fill up the Followings to Complete your Applications]

What is your MSN:

My msn is dragonphoenix_twins@hotmail.com .

What will you do when you are in our server:

I will chiong levels, slack, train players and help those in need.

Will you spam Smega and crash the server :

Obviously NO? who will be so dumb as to crash the server? i won't get to play then :O

Will you reply to PM even if you got flooded:

I will reply questions when asked and will only reply to questions that i saw. If someone is flooding me for no reason, I will either give him/her one warning or ignore him/her.

You have Any GFX/Graphic design skills :

I don't have any but am willing to learn. But beware, i'm a slow learner :X

What happen if you suddenly over spawned more then 100~200 Monsters:

I would quickly use !killall. I am willing to recieve warnings.

Will you ever give out any Summoning Bags:

Firstly, I don't have the use of summoning bags so I won't buy it or code it and since im a GM, I can just spawn any monster I want immediately, why need a summoning bag?
    Secondly, if somebody were to give me some, I would either use it for myself or just leave it there.

What if we caught you red-handed giving out of Items:

If that is the case, I will admit my mistake and bear full responsibility.

Write a Summary about yourself before you be a GM:

Im currently 14, actually not quite. 13++. I love maple because everything is a challenge to me. I would often hear my mother says: "jump here and there only, very fun meh?" I would just ignore her and continue playing because I know how much explanation I give her would be useless. She just won't get it. Sometimes when I play too much, she will just confiscate the laptop. Now, no worries. If this happens when im a gm, I will sms ace immediately and tell him to un-GM me so there are GM slots available for other players. I can't book the whole slot for myself, could I? Thats too selfish and I wouldn't like it either if some other gm did that. Of course I hope that after getting back my laptop I would be able to continue being a GM. (Its not quite possible right?)

[IMPORTANT]:What if we caught you copying people's Applications:

Seriously, its my own application. If I copy someone else's application and became the GM, it would be like I am not the GM. I'm just a GM in NAME. Whats the point then? Its totally useless. But to be honest, I did used other players application for reference only. I am definite I didn't copy other player's application. I only wanted to see the format of how they write it only. Nothing else. Confirm

Some additional questions for myself.

why do I want to be a gm?

I miss being a gm and I miss aceystory too !!!!
    Besides i really am sincere that I want to help other players.
    Being a gm is a great challenge to me. I can learn alot from being a gm and I hope I can be a gm again. e.g i learnt to react fast and answer players enquires immediately when flooded. I learnt that I need to control my temper when irritated and when players complains.

Why did I write this application?

Firstly, as I said I miss being a GM.
    Secondly I thought I would find something to do while waiting for the v62 server to be up and Person told me server will be up soon and 4 hours had past and the server isn't up yet. I think I almost dozed off so I was looking for something to do.
    Thirdly, I wrote this for fun because I thought I can answer some questions very well.

Write a Story About your life in our Server, at least 150 words:

I can't gurantee whether could write 150 words. If I didn't write 150 words, it means that I really couldn't write 150 words so if it is less than 150 words, don't bother to ask me to re-write. Okay, here goes.

At first, I thought that players in Akatsukims would be as friendly and interesting as players in Aceystory.I was wrong. The 1st impression I had on akatsuki players and GM's were: anti-social and totally ignored newcomers. I had mega-ed alot of tyms on questions im not really sure of and 9 out of 10 were never answered. Since than I was wondering did I make a right choice to play Akatsukims. I had times when I was wondering whether I should quit.
    Lately, I participated in lots of events and I started making friends with other players. I really enjoyed being with them. My impression of them also changed and now I thought that instead of anti-social players and GM's, they became friendly players and GM's.
    Luckily, I did not choose to quit Akatsukims.
    So that's the end of my summary.

P.S Im sorry ace for the time when you demote me as GM and I threw a tantrum. i know I shouldn't have threw a tantrum. I promise I won't do so again.

P.P.S I promise I won't give out free items, job players GM to give them GM skills and stuffs like that and tell them not to tell other players. This is an act of not being truthful. If a player beg me to give them items, or even threaten me, I will seek permission from the higher authority first.

Though I did this application out of boredom, please treat it seriously like any other ordinary application. I am serious that I want to be a GM.
    Im sorry for the english errors and all the other errors. My brain isn't working anymore and I may dozed off any second. Im too sleepy to even concentrate on my typing.
    Hopefully you guys love my application and sorry for the long application. Haha!
    P.s Please don't rate me down because of my english.

Don't look at the format, but the answers.
    At least efforts are seen. Although the english isn't quite fluent.
    Im suggesting you add more questions to the format.
    Only accept applications that you can see effort in. Of course, they must be good.
    & i dun understand why age matters.
    MidniteWhite
    MidniteWhite
    Admin

GM apps suggestion Empty Re: GM apps suggestion

Post  MidniteWhite Tue May 19, 2009 4:58 pm

We look for people who have interesting applications, funny and unique.
    Not people who drone on like "I have joined Acestory because it looked like a very entertaining server to play. I love the players and the staff is very nice to me."
    That's how EVERYONE responds. We want unique. Btw if you're trying to apply you're denied, too young.
    Also, the apps in the "Accepted" section were accepted before Acestory had even opened. They just made joke apps.
    PandaKillz
    PandaKillz

Post  PandaKillz Tue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

LOL. This is a bad example.
    I can't differentiate all the questions from the answers.

And you're giving stereotypical suck-up answers.
    Ace
    Ace

Post  Ace Tue May 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Just because you write a lot, it doesn't mean it's a good application. I can write a whole essay for heavens sake, if that affects the decision of becoming a GM. But then again, it's doesn't matter.

Note: This application is not any better than the one's I've seen.
    Reflex

Post  Reflex Tue May 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Er. I put a lot of effort into my app...?
    brdxl28

Post  brdxl28 Tue May 19, 2009 9:29 pm

I think my Application was pretty epic.

http://acestory.roflforum.net/denied-f9/xcloud-s-gamemaster-forum-moderator-application-t310.htm

Hehe Denied for being too new to the server though ^^
    vindicatedx3
    vindicatedx3

Post  vindicatedx3 Wed May 20, 2009 9:49 am

MidniteWhite wrote:We look for people who have interesting applications, funny and unique.
    Not people who drone on like "I have joined Acestory because it looked like a very entertaining server to play. I love the players and the staff is very nice to me."
    That's how EVERYONE responds. We want unique. Btw if you're trying to apply you're denied, too young.
    Also, the apps in the "Accepted" section were accepted before Acestory had even opened. They just made joke apps.

ohh. & btw im not applying o.o

PandaKillz wrote:LOL. This is a bad example.

Its not suck up answers -.- its just facts. & i din change th colors, so its hard to differentiate.
    btw its just suggestions right? No need to be so serious Razz
    PandaKillz
    PandaKillz

Post  PandaKillz Wed May 20, 2009 3:46 pm

vindicatedx3 wrote:
    MidniteWhite wrote:We look for people who have interesting applications, funny and unique.

ohh. & btw im not applying o.o

PandaKillz wrote:LOL. This is a bad example.

Its not suck up answers -.- its just facts. & i din change th colors, so its hard to differentiate.
    btw its just suggestions right? No need to be so serious Razz

Yeah it's better now. Razz
    Eliii
    Eliii

Post  Eliii Wed May 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Like Midnite wrote, the looking for exiciting and unique apps. I know you are not applying, but your example app was VERY boring. (No offense) Razz

Last edited by Eliii on Wed May 20, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lol, I spelled wrote, worte.. <<<Fail.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:31 am