AceStory

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AceStory

4 posters

Scheduled Downtime

Poll

Do you think there should be a schedule of when the server will be down for maintenance?

[ 2 ]
    Scheduled Downtime Bar_left100%Scheduled Downtime Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Scheduled Downtime Bar_left0%Scheduled Downtime Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    TechXLtd
    TechXLtd

Scheduled Downtime Empty Scheduled Downtime

Post  TechXLtd Fri May 22, 2009 7:29 pm

I think there should be a schedule or at least an announcement before the server goes down for maintenance or even reset. It would be great that the server could possibly be reset during certain intervals or even offline for even a few minutes to cool. I see many people complain about not being able to log in or even play with a great deal of lag. Plus a schedule or announcement would be good to prevent people from asking constantly if the server is being reset or for what reason.

What do you the player think? Would this be something you could actually get behind or are you comfortable with the way things are?

I may be a new player, but I could be an excellent PR person for this. I may post my Moderator app soon.
    gabbyrahwr

Scheduled Downtime Empty Re: Scheduled Downtime

Post  gabbyrahwr Fri May 22, 2009 7:29 pm

you are so cute . o:
    -offtopic-
    Eliii
    Eliii

Post  Eliii Fri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Yes, it would be a good idea. Although 99.99% of the time a GM tells everyone to type @save before a reset... Smile

Post  Guest Fri May 22, 2009 8:23 pm

we restart when the server needs it, like when there's lots of lag or it crashes. we can't predict when this will happen so until one of us obtains psychic powers i don't really see this working. even if we did make a schedule of server restarts it wouldn't prevent the random ones.
    brdxl28

Post  brdxl28 Fri May 22, 2009 8:28 pm

STEPHANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:we restart when the server needs it, like when there's lots of lag or it crashes. we can't predict when this will happen so until one of us obtains psychic powers i don't really see this working. even if we did make a schedule of server restarts it wouldn't prevent the random ones.

Wrong and wrong.

Predicting this is easy; just go look at DestinyMS's DDoS schedules.

And the reason for random restarts is because the server's been up too long - same concept as with your phone when it restarts by itself. If there's a constant restart interval, random restarts won't happen.

Post  Guest Fri May 22, 2009 8:31 pm

brdxl28 wrote:
    STEPHANIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:we restart when the server needs it, like when there's lots of lag or it crashes. we can't predict when this will happen so until one of us obtains psychic powers i don't really see this working. even if we did make a schedule of server restarts it wouldn't prevent the random ones.

Wrong and wrong.

And the reason for random restarts is because the server's been up too long - same concept as with your phone when it restarts by itself. If there's a constant restart interval, random restarts won't happen.

actually it has a pretty good tendency to just shit out and die at random times but thanks for thinking that you know more about this server than i do? we're working on auto restarts so just chill
    Eliii
    Eliii

Post  Eliii Fri May 22, 2009 8:51 pm

brdxl28 wrote:
    Wrong and wrong.

I personally think that he would no better... Rolling Eyes
    gabbyrahwr

Post  gabbyrahwr Fri May 22, 2009 8:57 pm

considering how much more experienced steph is with this particular server , i would disagree . end of discussion . it`s her say that goes , and considering she SAID they`re working on auto-restarts , there`s no reason to continue this .

and my phone never restarts itself . o___o

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:58 pm